AvenueE is designed to help community college transfer students smoothly transition to UC Davis, and ultimately, a career in engineering or computer science. The program was developed by UC Davis and founding corporate partner, Chevron, in collaboration with Los Rios, Peralta, San Joaquin Delta, and Contra Costa Community College districts.
Homepage – Resources for…
Content for studentsTo participate in AvenueE:
- Students must be enrolled at one of four community college district partners, Los Rios, Peralta, San Joaquin Delta, or Contra Costa
- Desire to transfer to UC Davis
- Intending to major in Engineering or Computer Science
- Meet Minimum Engineering TAG GPA Requirements
- Have the desire to contribute to the elimination of barriers facing women and other members of underrepresented groups in computer science and engineering careers and/or those from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor’s degree.
- Create an account and fill out the UC TAP (Transfer Admission Planner) at uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Be sure to check AvenueE box under UC Davis Transfer Prep
Student Benefits Roadmap
Content for facultyAvenueE is always looking for faculty mentors for our students. We also encourage faculty to assist students by providing research experiences and like opportunities. We welcome faculty who are in the engineering and computer science fields to sign up and get involved. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or providing a research experience for an AvenueE student please email us at AvenueE@ucdavis.edu for more information.
Content for advisorsAdvisors and Counselors play an important role in helping students understand the opportunities that may be available to them as well as providing guidance in the transfer process. Advisors and Counselors who are interested in learning more about the AvenueE program can reach out to program staff directly at AvenueE@ucdavis.edu
Content for IndustryIt is important for AvenueE students to gain real-life work experience and guidance from those active in the engineering and computer science fields to increase their success and attainment of career goals after graduation. As either a company or industry professional, there are multiple ways to get involved in AvenueE. As an industry professional or company you can:
- Provide internship opportunities for AvenueE students
- Mentor an AvenueE student
- Engage with the cohort by delivering a workshop at a weekly connection meeting
- Organize a tour of your workplace and highlight opportunities in the industry
- Sponsor student scholarships or other parts of the AvenueE program delivery
- and more!